Wednesday 10 February 2016

T Minus 3 and Counting

Three days to the kick-off of my walk.  I'm flying out at the crack of sparrows on Saturday morning and I should be standing at the outskirts of Muff (...so many jokes...) at about 9am, ready to begin.  I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm not even remotely ready.

I've actually walked less in the last week that I had been doing beforehand. I've been walking faster and I've been increasing my fitness but just not as much as I'd hoped. But hey! It's all good! I'm going to make up for that next week.  Next week it's going to be all about the journey. All other distractions of normal life will be left at home and it'll be just me and the road.

And possibly severe Atlantic winds, lashing rain and the odd chance of snow.  Possibly. To date the weather forecast is only confident that it can't predict with any accuracy.  What I can be sure of though, is that the normal Irish weather conditions - i.e. four seasons in every hour - is likely to be the order of the day. 

So waterproofs and warm layers will be my constant companions. I will take pictures to share with you.  With any luck and a following wind we might even get a little sunshine!

2 comments: